List of changes to the Cricsheet data file
This listed shows the changes that have been made to the Cricsheet data file format since we started recording such things. The list is ordered with the oldest changes first, so if you want to see the changes in the most recent version you'll need to head to the end of the list.
You might notice that no changes are shown for version 0.2. Sadly those changes have been lost in the depths of time. One day we might be able to find them if we dig into the innards of version control, but not today.
Changes for version 0.3
- Removed generated.
- Added created, which shows the created date of the data file, in YYYY-MM-DD format.
- Added updated to show when the file was last updated. The value is a timestamp of seconds since the epoch, 1970-01-01.
- Added competition as a field within info. If provided the value will always be IPL.
- Added declared entry to indicate a declared innings. If provided the value will always be yes.
- Added absent_hurt as an option for an inning. If provided this will always be an array of player names.
Changes for version 0.4
- Added outcome to show the result of the match.
- Added player_of_match. If provided this will always be an array of player names.
Changes for version 0.5
- Removed updated.
- Added bowl_out as a field within outcome. If provided it indicates which team won the match by bowl-out.
- Added bowl_out as a field within info. If provided it lists the bowlers and outcomes for each ball within a bowl-out.
- Added supersub as a field within deliveries. If provided it shows the details of any super-substitutions made before a delivery.
- Added revision to indicate which revision of a data file this is for this match.
Changes for version 0.6
- Updated wicket to allow it to be an array of wickets if needed.
Changes for version 0.7
- Added gender as a field within info. Initially the value will be either female, or male, however this should not be regarded as a complete list.
Changes for version 0.8
- Added penalty_runs as a field within innings.