At the moment we have ball-by-ball information for 8,205 matches, comprising 678 Test matches, 23 other multi-day matches, 2,179 One-day internationals, 375 other one-day matches, 1,554 T20 internationals, 328 international T20s, 845 Indian Premier League matches, 414 Big Bash League matches, 928 T20 Blast matches, 180 Pakistan Super League matches, 264 Women's Big Bash League matches, 244 Caribbean Premier League matches, 166 Super Smash matches, and 27 The Hundred matches featuring 88 countries, 72 club teams, and 3 representative XIs going back as far as 2007 (for women), and 2004 (for men).
The most recent matches added to the site are: the West Indies vs Pakistan Men’s T20 match that was played on the 1st of August, 2021, the Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix The Hundred Men's Competition match that was played on the 1st of August, 2021, and the Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix The Hundred Women's Competition match that was played on the 1st of August, 2021.
The data format
The match data is provided in multiple different formats. The current formats are JSON, YAML, XML, and 2 versions in CSV. A detailed description of each format can be found in the Format section.
The data is provided in number of zip files, one of which contains all of the matches, and the others certain sub-sets of matches, such as for type of matches, matches for certain countries, teams, or genders, or periods of time. We also provide (as an experiment) CSV, and XML versions of all matches. A sample is provided here, in both JSON and YAML formats, of some of the downloads available (specifically matches grouped by types of matches, and also domestic competitions, (for any gender), or you can see the full set of downloads, in various formats, on the downloads page.
- All matches
- 8,205 matches - JSON (36.5 MB), YAML (37.1 MB)
- Test matches
- 678 matches - JSON (8.1 MB), YAML (9.1 MB)
- Multi-day matches
- 23 matches - JSON (234 KB), YAML (270 KB)
- One-day internationals
- 2,179 matches - JSON (10.7 MB), YAML (10.8 MB)
- One-day matches
- 375 matches - JSON (1.7 MB), YAML (1.8 MB)
- T20 internationals
- 1,554 matches - JSON (5.0 MB), YAML (4.7 MB)
- Non-official T20 internationals
- 328 matches - JSON (1.0 MB), YAML (981 KB)
- Big Bash League
- 414 matches - JSON (1.3 MB), YAML (1.3 MB)
- Indian Premier League
- 845 matches - JSON (2.8 MB), YAML (2.6 MB)
- Caribbean Premier League
- 244 matches - JSON (784 KB), YAML (762 KB)
- T20 Blast
- 928 matches - JSON (2.9 MB), YAML (2.8 MB)
- Pakistan Super League
- 180 matches - JSON (593 KB), YAML (563 KB)
- Super Smash
- 166 matches - JSON (521 KB), YAML (513 KB)
- Women's Big Bash League
- 264 matches - JSON (818 KB), YAML (808 KB)
- The Hundred
- 27 matches - JSON (84 KB), YAML (79 KB)
Using the data
What could you do with the data? Well that’s up to you really. You could investigate who are the best and worst value players in the IPL. Or see how much difference different non-strikers make to the scoring rate of the people they bat with. Or come up with something completely new that revolutionises cricket like finding the equivalent of DIPS (Defense independent pitching statistics) from baseball.